How We Prepare for your wedding
If you talk with other couples whom I've married (see my Reviews page), I believe they will tell you that I'm very easy to work with and that I'm an extremely good communicator. I’m very attentive to the needs of my brides and grooms, and am available to answer questions and to help them in any way I can. I love this work, and I have the privilege of being with couples in what is one of the most incredible day of their lives. Every wedding I perform feels special. I am grateful to have the best job in the world, and I do this work with great pleasure and a devotion to being of high service. Here's a look of how we can work together to co-create a beautiful wedding for you:
- Free Consultation – I do this work full time and am available to talk with you during daytime or evening hours, giving us the opportunity to get acquainted and to let me hear about your vision for your wedding. I’ll ask about your “courtship story,” and about specific ideas you have about your ceremony. As I get to know you and listen to your ideas, I’ll share thoughts about what can work for you, make suggestions, and share portions of ceremonies that I feel may fit for you. We'll talk about the theme or tone of your ceremony, how formal you would like it to be, and if you would like some lighter, humorous moments in the ceremony. You’ll be able to choose particular passages and readings that are in my Ceremony Book, and I’ll ask you if you have your own favorite poems and passages that we can include in your ceremony. Together, we’ll create a very personal ceremony for you that will reflect your wishes, faith, and hearts’ desires.
- Recommend Other Wedding Professionals – If you’re still looking for the right wedding planner, DJ, photographer, dance instructor, florist, bakery, or other vendors, I can make recommendations. I’m blessed to work with some of the greatest wedding professionals in Colorado.
- Staying in Touch - In the lead-up to your wedding, I'm available to answer questions, offer ideas, review your ceremony, and remind you about things to do, such as your vows, unity moment, courtship notes, marriage license, etc. I'll make sure that, when your big day arrives, everything is in place!
- Planning Your Processional and Recessional – We’ll plan your processional, and discuss the role that each member of your wedding party plays, including parents and grandparents.
- Your Wedding Day – I will arrive at your venue early to check in with you and make sure you're feeling relaxed. I'll connect with your family and wedding party, and I'll speak with the photographer, DJ and/or your musician, and I'll check in with the venue staff to make sure we're all on the same page. I make sure we have everything place, such as your rings, the item for your unity moment, marriage license, etc. All of this is to ensure that your ceremony runs smoothly and to assure you that everything is in order, allowing you to breathe easy and have fun!
- Photos - Photography is a hobby of mine, and I can be a big help to a couple's wedding budget by taking pictures of their wedding. My photography page provides a view of the quality of the photos I've taken of brides and grooms.
- Follow Through and Changing Your Name – I’ll be in touch with you after your wedding to check in, make sure your marriage license was mailed to the county, and ask if there is anything else I can do for you. If you are changing your name after you're married, I'll provide you with information and a check list about how to go about that process. Mostly, I just like to connect with you both again to tell you how much it meant to me to be a part of your special day!
Rev. Scott Awbrey ~ Colorado Wedding Officiant, Nondenominational Minister