If you talk with other couples whom I've married (see my Reviews page), I believe they will tell you that I'm very easy to work with and that I'm an extremely good communicator. I’m very attentive to the needs of my brides and grooms, and am available to answer questions and to help them in any way I can. I love this work, and I have the privilege of being with couples in what is one of the most incredible day of their lives. Every wedding I perform feels special. I am grateful to have the best job in the world, and I do this work with great pleasure and a devotion to being of high service. Here's a look of how we can work together to co-create a beautiful wedding for you:
- Free Consultation – I’m available to talk with you days, evenings, or weekends, giving us the opportunity to get acquainted and to let me hear about your vision for your wedding. I’ll ask about your “courtship story,” and about specific ideas you have about your ceremony. As I get to know you and listen to your ideas, I’ll share thoughts about what can work for you, make suggestions, and share portions of ceremonies that I feel may fit for you. We'll talk about the tone of your ceremony, how formal you would like it to be, and if you would like some lighter, humorous moments in the ceremony. You’ll be able to choose particular passages and readings that are in my Ceremony Book, and I’ll ask you if you have your own favorite poems and passages that we can include in your ceremony. Together, we’ll create a very personal ceremony for you that will reflect your wishes, faith, and hearts’ desires.
- Planning Your Processional and Recessional – We’ll plan your processional, and discuss the role that each member of your wedding party plays, including parents and grandparents.
- Marriage license & Name Change – I’ll walk you through the process of obtaining your Colorado marriage license, the signing, submitting it to the county, and obtaining certified copies of your license. I’ll give you some insights about the process of changing your name, with some tips about where and how to begin that process that eases some of the red tape. And, if you’re planning to travel out of the country on your honeymoon, I’ll give you some passport advice regarding your name change.
- Recommend Other Wedding Professionals – If you’re still looking for the right wedding planner, DJ, photographer, dance instructor, florist, bakery, or other vendors, I can make recommendations. I’m blessed to work with some of the greatest wedding professionals in Colorado.
- Your Wedding Day – I will arrive at your venue early to check in with you and make sure you're feeling relaxed. I'll connect with your family and wedding party, and I'll speak with the photographer, sound person, and venue staff to make sure we're all on the same page. All of this is to ensure that your ceremony runs smoothly and to assure you that everything is in order, allowing you to breathe easy and have fun!
- Follow Through – I’ll be in touch with you after your wedding just to check in, make sure your marriage license was mailed to the county, and ask if there is anything else I can do for you. Mostly, I just like to connect with you again to tell you how much it meant to me to be a part of your special day.