“We adored Rev. Scott for his amazing ceremony and kind demeanor. He got to know us well enough to know what we were looking for in our wedding, and to write our ‘courtship story,’ which was very beautiful. When the ceremony began, he made us feel very comfortable, and we forgot the nervousness we had been feeling! He incorporated our personal stories into the ceremony, which made our guests both laugh and cry! We had so many complements from guests about how special our wedding was. We absolutely recommend him!” – Meaghan and Brian, meaghan.todd12[at]gmail.com
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! My name is Scott Awbrey, and I am an ordained, nondenominational minister and wedding officiant serving all of Colorado. I have performed weddings for 25 years, and I know that every couple is unique and deserves to have their wedding reflect their own beliefs, wishes, and hearts’ desire. I’m happy to support you in creating a personal ceremony that is perfect for you.
Your upcoming wedding is meant to be a once in a lifetime moment. Every spoken word is rich with meaning and a sense of hope and blessing. Every gesture – the joining of hands, the exchange of rings, the kiss – fulfills promises of the heart and shares your love story with your family and closest friends.
Videos of Rev. Scott…
To see me in action and get an idea of my demeanor and style of officiating, here’s a short clip of a wedding ceremony I performed. Go here. And here’s a look at another wedding, this one a little longer, go here.
I perform a wide variety of ceremonies, such as spiritual, Christian, interfaith, non-religious, or ceremonies that are unique to a specific religion or tradition. I can also include special elements to enhance the ceremony, such as the Unity Candle, the Rose ceremony, Hand-Fasting, the Sand Ceremony, Wine and Love Letters, or Uniting the New Family. Any of these ceremonies can be personalized to reflect your unique story.
I will make your wedding very personal, if you would like, by including in the ceremony some of the highlights of your courtship. This lets you capture some of your special moments, and gives your family and friends the opportunity to hear more about your love story. To see a sample of my courtship notes, go here.
To see reviews of my services posted online by brides and grooms in Colorado, go here. I have consulted with hundreds of couples about the details of their wedding, discussing such areas as obtaining the marriage license, the processional, the order of the ceremony, music, seating, and much more. Below, you can read more about how we can get acquainted and move through the process of planning your wedding. As you peruse my website, you’ll find more information about me personally, as well as samples of weddings and ceremony passages and readings. I’ve also included testimonials from couples I’ve married in Colorado and contact information for other wedding professionals. My Facebook page can give you an idea of my service and the relationships I have with my couples.
If I may of assistance to you in any way, you can call or text me at 303-501-9282303-501-9282, or email me at email@example.com. I look forward to being of service to you during this great and joy-filled time.
How We Prepare for Your Wedding…
If you talk with other couples whom I’ve married (see my Testimonials page), I believe they will tell you that I’m very easy to work with and that I’m an extremely good communicator. That is, when you email me, I reply very quickly. When you phone, I’ll either answer the call or return your call soon. I’m very attentive to the needs of my brides and grooms, and am available to answer questions and to help them in any way I can. I love this work, and I have the privilege of being with couples in what is one of the most incredible day of their lives. I have been doing this work for 25 years in Colorado and elsewhere and, still, every wedding I perform feels special. I am grateful to have the best job in the world, and I do this work with great pleasure and a devotion to being of high service.
Here’s a view of how we can work together to co-create a beautiful wedding for you:
- Free Consultation – I’m available to talk with you days, evenings, or weekends, giving us the opportunity to get acquainted and to let me hear from you about your vision for your wedding. I’ll ask about your “courtship story,” and about specific ideas you have about your ceremony. As I get to know you and listen to your ideas, I’ll share thoughts about what can work for you, make suggestions, and share portions of ceremonies that I feel may fit for you. We’ll talk about the tone of your ceremony, how formal you would like it to be, and if you would like some lighter, humorous moments in the ceremony. You’ll be able to choose particular passages and readings that are in my Ceremony Book, and I’ll ask you if you have your own favorite poems and passages that we can include in your ceremony. Together, we’ll create a very personal ceremony for you that will reflect your wishes, faith, and hearts’ desires.
- Planning Your Processional and Recessional – We’ll plan your processional, and discuss the role that each member of your wedding party plays, including parents and grandparents.
Colorado Marriage License
- Marriage license & Name Change – I’ll walk you through the process of obtaining your Colorado marriage license, the signing, submitting it to the county, and obtaining certified copies of your license. I’ll give you some insights about the process of changing your name, with some tips about where and how to begin that process that eases some of the red tape. And, if you’re planning to travel out of the country on your honeymoon, I’ll give you some passport advice regarding your name change.
- Recommend Other Wedding Professionals – If you’re still looking for the right wedding planner, DJ, photographer, dance instructor, florist, bakery, or other vendors in the Denver area or throughout Colorado, I can make recommendations to you. I’m blessed to work with some of the greatest wedding professionals in Colorado and can share information with you regarding their unique styles and budget considerations.
Colorado wedding officiant, wedding rehearsal
- The Rehearsal – Many couples whom I’ve married have told me, looking back at this incredible time of their life, that the rehearsal was one of the most memorable aspects of the entire wedding experience. It’s often a reunion time — good friends and family who may have traveled far to be with you for your wedding. Most couples will have their rehearsal dinner following the actual rehearsal. I will provide you with a detailed rehearsal plan which will prepare you very well for your ceremony and allow you to feel confident about your wedding ceremony particulars, and let you relax and enjoy your big day.
- Your Wedding Day – I will arrive at your venue early to check in with you and make sure you’re feeling relaxed. I’ll connect with your family and wedding party, and I’ll speak with the photographer, sound person, and venue staff to make sure we’re all on the same page. All of this is to ensure that your ceremony runs smoothly and to assure you that everything is in order, allowing you to breathe easy and have fun!
- My Attire – As a Colorado nondenominational minister and wedding officiant, I will dress appropriately for your wedding ceremony. I will wear either a suit and tie, or a clergy robe, whichever you prefer.
- The Reception – Following the ceremony, we will sign your license with two witnesses — typically the best man and maid of honor — and your photographer. I’ll make sure the license is safely tucked away after it’s signed, and then I’ll mingle with your guests in the reception while you continue to take more pictures. I love visiting with family and friends, but I usually slip away before dinner is served.
- Follow Through – I’ll be in touch with you after your honeymoon just to check in, make sure your marriage license was mailed to the county, and ask if there is anything else I can do for you. Mostly, I just like to connect with you again to tell you how much it meant to me to be a part of your special day.
It’s All About Relationships…
To get more of a sense of me, the way I relate to couples, and the kind of work I do, click on the Facebook icon and check out my Weddings page. There, you’ll see glimpses of my community of couples, pictures of brides and grooms along with their wedding venues, and a word about upcoming ceremonies. I also share useful tips on wedding planning and coordination, and selections from my Colorado wedding officiant, marriage counseling Heart of Marriage material, a half-day seminar filled with practical wisdom on how to keep the love alive after the wedding. It’s all about relationships! See my Marriage Training page to learn more.